Saturday, August 6, 2011

Joseph


I have told you about Joseph many times. He is one of the most precious little boys I have ever met. The other day I was working in the office at the school when Joseph snuck in and crawled onto my lap. I played for a little bit but since I had so much work to do, I had to ask him to leave. He came back again about an hour later with his final report card and I let him sit on my lap again as I went over it with him. He didn’t do very well, but I made it a point to get excited about certain parts because he deserves it after all that he has been through. If I don’t, who will?

The third time he came back, I was typing on my computer and he looked amazed! He sat in my lap absolutely mesmerized by my fingers. When one of the teachers brought my lunch, she told him he needed to go get food too. He almost started crying! He left with her after much begging, only to sneak back in after she had walked away.

This kid is going to be a hard one to leave. 

With love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment