Saturday, March 10, 2012

Checking in.

I will keep this brief, but I wanted to let everyone know I am doing well. I still haven't gotten my internet up and running...hopefully I will get my stuff together soon.

This week was full of meetings and planning. I am confident that my time will be well spent in the coming months. I get to assist with the development and implementation of several projects and I know that I will not only learn a lot, but also have fun while I'm here.

At the end of the day, when I'm squatting on the floor of my 4x4 ft. bathroom...splashing myself clean with a puddle of water in my plastic tub...with the light of my LED lantern illuminating the increasingly dirty puddle I am about to wash my hair with...I just think to myself, I didn't come here just to shower in a dimly lit room with two inches of water...I came here to learn, grow, and share with a group of amazing Ugandans.

I have decided that I probably only spend 1% of my time doing things I dislike. The rest of my time is filled with things I thoroughly enjoy. Being around the kids helps too; those guys make my time living without electricity or running water SO WORTH IT!

I know this was a random blog, but my main purpose was to touch base, and in that respect, I think it was successful!  

Hope all is well with everyone back home! I'd love to hear from you!

With love,
Kristen 

1 comment: