Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A few more bricks to go...


I enjoyed a lovely meal at Rapha’s house this weekend. Real Partners Uganda recently built Rapha’s House for 60 orphans and vulnerable students at Mustard Seed Academy. It is a beautiful home. The children danced and sang out in joy as they gave me a grand tour of their new home. 

Despite my joy for these children who now have a safe place to call home, my heart feels a pang of sadness. I know about sixty children in another part of Uganda who are eagerly awaiting a new place to live too. I feel like I have temporarily put those girls and boys on hold. That isn’t fair to them. 

The last construction estimate I received from Festus indicated that it would only take about $1500 to complete the dormitory. 

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of the incorporation of Future Diplomats Education Centre Foundation. How great would it be to commemorate the anniversary with a completed dormitory? 

I will be visiting my Ugandan family in a few weeks to reunite with the kids and check out the construction progress. If you would like to contribute to putting a roof over the heads of these children, I encourage you to: 

Mail a check made out to FDEC Foundation to
PO Box 65141
Vancouver WA 98665

Or follow the link below to make a donation through PayPal:
















Thank you for your support! Stay tuned for pictures of the dormitory project!
With love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment