Sunday, December 23, 2012

Twas the night before Christmas...

I am constantly in awe.

In awe of:
The hundreds of Ugandans who shower me with unconditional love and care.
The vulnerable children all over this world who still find reasons to play, laugh, and love.
The endurance of Christmas Cheer while in a place that lacks snow, presents, and gingerbread houses; not to mention running water, electricity, and [all too often] parents.

AND
The dozens of friends, family, and a handful of great people whom I have yet to meet who have donated money this month to furnish Shirley's House. 

I am in awe.

We have thus far raised enough money to sleep 18 little angels at the start of the 2013 school year!

As with most work in Uganda--there is still room for more! If you have been itching to support this dormitory project, now is your chance! We only need $240 USD to meet our goal for 2012! This will provide enough beds for all 27 orphans and vulnerable children currently living in the dormitory without beds.

This week, we (aka my devoted and hard working mother) will be sending a  final wire transfer for the 2012 fiscal year. If you would like to qualify for a tax exemption for 2012, I encourage you to click the link below and give the greatest Christmas gift these kids have ever received!

My family keeps asking me what I want for Christmas, but I can't convey this enough: My gift this year has come in the shape of 500+ children who have changed my life forever. From the bottom of my heart, thank you to all who have supported my efforts to change a few of their lives in return.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! 

With love,
Kristen









No comments:

Post a Comment