Tuesday, November 27, 2012

All I want for Christmas…



Over a year ago, my Mom and I had a crazy idea that we would be able to found a non-profit, construct a dormitory, and bring a home to 60 orphaned and vulnerable children in Nsumba Village, Uganda. Today, I get to announce that sometimes, crazy ideas are realized.

Future Diplomats Education Centre Foundation became an official 501(c)3 non-profit organization in December of 2011. Thanks to your help, we have just commissioned a dormitory for the children of Future Diplomats Nursery and Primary school.   


This is a major accomplishment for our young organization; we could not have done it without your support—whether financial, emotional, or professional.  

Now that we have provided shelter, we need to provide a place for the boys and girls to lay their heads. 

In America, I am privileged enough to sleep on a queen-sized mattress, in a high-rise frame off the ground, free from the threat of malaria-infected mosquitos. In the newly constructed dormitory, there are only six beds in the boy’s dormitory and five in the girls—this accommodates 20 children. Forty more children are on the waiting list, as the school is unable to squeeze any more bodies to the already limited space. Not one of them complains, but all of them deserve better.    
___

Traditionally, every year at Christmas, [due to the over commercialization and material obsession the season has evolved into] I make it a point not to ask for anything. For the first time in my life, I will be spending Christmas without family, homemade fudge, or a tree; for the first time in about 15 years, I will break my own rule and finally ask for something material…There is nothing that I want more than enough beds, blankets, and mosquito nets to sleep 60 children in 20 triple bunks.

This season should be about showing our love for those in need by spreading kindness, generosity, and selflessness. I know the American News Media keeps telling us that times are hard and the economy is still hurting…but this holiday season, I urge you to take a moment and think about the places in this world where times are perpetually harder and the economy is always hurting.

This year, I urge you to consider giving me [and therefore 60 children in Nsumba Village, Uganda] a Christmas gift by donating towards furnishing the newly constructed dormitory. Any contribution makes a difference. Donating towards beds, nets, and sheets will provide 60 needy children with the opportunity to lead happier, healthier lives.       

If you would like to make a Christmas donation, you may:
Click the link and follow the instructions on PayPal:





 OR
Write a check to FDEC Foundation and mail it to:

FDEC Foundation
PO Box  65141
Vancouver, WA 98663

With love and gratitude,
Kristen 

Future Diplomats Education Centre Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with tax exempt status.

No comments:

Post a Comment