Sunday, July 3, 2011

As promised:


Time for pictures! 

You have had to do a lot of reading lately, so today I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Captions included, of course!
*All pictures are presented in what I think might possibly be chronological order, or at least something that comes close to it. 

My new home:


The group of us that went to the islands, while we feed monkeys! You know, the wild kind that live in trees and accept bananas from crazy Muzungus!:


The town that we left to the islands from:

Right to Left: Viola, me, Molly:


We rode for five hours in one of these boats in the distance:

On the boat:
I captured the next set from several islands, including the one I stayed on:




 
These are a few from the game tour at Lake Mburu: 









Chimpanzee Sanctuary:
 (Some chimps actually raised their hand for food. It was incredible!)

There are tons more, but it is late and I need to get some rest. The goal is to get more up next weekend! 

Have a great Fourth of July, please light a firework for me! I hope you are all as thankful for our country as I am! Being an American means many things; I have never appreciated that as much as I do this 4th.

With love,
Kristen



1 comment:

  1. Kristen, I love your blog. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. Your stories made me laugh, cry and reflect on my perceptions about my own life. What an amazing journey you are on--and what an amazing woman you are!
    Now, if Taylor would just hurry up and wake-up so I could share this with her...
    Lots of love and positive thoughts,

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete